NUESTRA ESPAÑA VACÍA
The remains of the medieval castle s. XIV, small with a quadrilateral plan, about 25 m. by 15 m. but fortified by a tower at each corner, the entity and its walls keep part of the original construction standing, one of the most important defensive and control enclaves of the Community of Daroca against the continuous incursions of Castilian troops.
The church is dedicated to Santiago Apóstol, built at the end of the s. XV of late Gothic style, with several altarpieces highlighting that of the Virgen del Rosario s. XVIII, that of San Fabián and San Sebastián s. XVIII and San Antonio s. XIX.
It had two hermitages; San Pedro of the s. XVII, currently in ruins and the hermitage dedicated to the Virgen del Pilar built in 1709 on the remains of the old hermitage Virgen de la Fuente from 1540, highlighting the altarpiece from the s. XVII.
There are two peirones, in honor of Nuestra Señora del Pilar and that of San Roque and San Lamberto.
WHAT TO SEE, WHAT TO DO
Virgen del Pilar hermitage
In 1709 it was built on the church dedicated to the Virgen del Rosario popularly known as the "Virgen de la Fuente", at the beginning of the 18th century the current building was built. Built in masonry with brick corners and buttresses to the outside. It has a stone portal with a belfry on the façade. Rectangular plan with a single nave with four sections, the first two covered with a lunettes vault, the third with a dome without a drum but with a lantern, and the presbytery with edges. Rough pillars support semicircular arches. The altarpiece is from the 17th century of the Aragonese school, with gilded masonry with stipes. It has a carving of the Virgen del Pilar in the center, and on the sides, San Antón and San José. At the top is Santiago Apóstol.
Hermitage of San Pedro
It was a masonry building, with a single rectangular nave with two sections. It was covered with wood on two sides, on a pointed arch of ashlar stone; the entrance arch was also made of ashlar stone. The headboard section is slightly wider than the foot section and appears older. It may be a work from the thirteenth century, enlarged and renovated at the end of the sixteenth century, it is currently in ruins.
Acered - Aldehuela de Liestos - Anento - Atea - Badules - Balconchán - Berrueco - Cerveruela - Cubel - Cuerlas (Las) - Daroca - Fombuena - Gallocanta - Herrera de los Navarros - Langa del Castillo - Lechón - Luesma - Mainar - Manchones - Murero - Nombrevilla - Orcajo - Retascón - Romanos - Santed - Torralba de los Frailes - Torralbilla - Used - Val de San Martín - Valdehorna - Villadoz - Villanueva de Jiloca - Villar de los Navarros - Villarreal de Huerva - Villarroya del Campo