OUR EMPTY SPAIN
Near the town we find a Roman villa, so the town's name has a clear connection with its origins. Occupied for centuries by the Muslims, it was also important during the Reconquest and later during the wars between Aragon and Castile.
There are wide walls of the castle grounds from the 14th century, within which is the 16th century parish church of San Pedro Apóstol. Of it, it is necessary to highlight the beautiful Mudejar tower with a square plan and of military origin built around the year 1400. Among its main characteristics, the fact that it shows a decoration is reflected in which practically all the ornaments that were used at the time with the geometry of the brick, with the exception of ceramic. Inside the temple, you can see altarpieces from the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries.
There is also a beautiful hermitage dedicated to Nuestra Señora de los Remedios and several peirones: that of the Virgen del Pilar, that of San Martín and the Peirón de Entrecaminos.
Special attention deserves the Roman-era fountain about which there is a legend, as well as the once famous Roman Mill, located at the crossroads between Villadoz, Romanos, Villarroya del Campo and Badules.
Acered - Aldehuela de Liestos - Anento - Atea - Badules - Balconchán - Berrueco - Cerveruela - Cubel - Cuerlas (Las) - Daroca - Fombuena - Gallocanta - Herrera de los Navarros - Langa del Castillo - Lechón - Luesma - Mainar - Manchones - Murero - Nombrevilla - Orcajo - Retascón - Romanos - Santed - Torralba de los Frailes - Torralbilla - Used - Val de San Martín - Valdehorna - Villadoz - Villanueva de Jiloca - Villar de los Navarros - Villarreal de Huerva - Villarroya del Campo