NUESTRA ESPAÑA VACÍA
Aldehuela de Liestos
It is also known by the name of Puerta de las Hoces del Río Piedra because it is located on the banks of said river, next to this place recognized as a Site of Community Interest (SCI). It is a thousand-year-old river canyon where there are characteristic ecosystems of river groves and rocky areas. It is one of the recommended places to practice activities in nature with bird watching, hiking and climbing.
The town belonged to the Cistercian monastery of Piedra until 1269 and preserves some good examples of popular architecture, heraldic shields, etc. Two buildings from the 18th century stand out : the Town Hall and the Parish Church dedicated to the Assumption. The interior of the temple houses Baroque altarpieces, a silver chalice with a circular foot dating from the end of the 15th century and two canvases found at the end of 2007 in the attic of the Town Hall, which were restored and which are attributed to Francisco Bayeu in particular are The Annunciation and Sta Bárbara.
There are also three hermitages , San Cristóbal, Santa Bárbara and San Roque. Prehistoric remains have been found in the surroundings of the latter. It has three peirones , dedicated to the Virgen del Pilar, another to San Roque and the last to San Antonio.
Among its festivities we must point out the Pilgrimage to the Hermitage of the Virgin of Guialguerrero , in which each pilgrim receives a liter of wine, a loaf of bread and two hard-boiled eggs from the town hall.
You can expand all the information on the City Council website.
Parish Church of La Asunción (18th century)
The recently restored parish is a modest stone church , with a very simple façade, open in a semicircular arch, a cross plan of a nave, with projecting transept arms, covered with lunettes vaults and a blind dome in the transept. It has a flat head and in the church of the order used in the decoration is Tuscan.
An inscription indicates the date 1769 as that of its construction. From the same period, at the end of the 18th century, are all the baroque-style altarpieces, highlighting the main altarpiece, the altarpiece of San Roque, the altarpiece of the Virgen del Rosario, the altarpiece of the Holy Christ, and the altarpiece of the Immaculate.
Among the goldsmiths, a silver chalice, a censer or the 15th century naeta stands out. On the outside it is a masonry building topped with a brick cornice of dowels, which extends into the neighboring town hall building.
The façade of the feet is made of ashlar masonry, topped with a belfry by means of a double-curved pediment on the sides , crowned by two years of bells.
The very simple façade is voussoir with alfiz and imposts with an evident relationship with civil architecture.
Hermitage of Santa Bárbara
It is located on the road to La Torre, at the fork with the road to Las Fuentecillas. It is a modest hermitage , it is a masonry work with a rectangular floor plan, with a very simple portal open in a semicircular arch, it has a single nave with three sections covered with lunettes. The main altarpiece is a canvas with the image of the owner, Santa Bárbara, dated 1782 .
Acered - Aldehuela de Liestos - Anento - Atea - Badules - Balconchán - Berrueco - Cerveruela - Cubel - Cuerlas (Las) - Daroca - Fombuena - Gallocanta - Herrera de los Navarros - Langa del Castillo - Lechón - Luesma - Mainar - Manchones - Murero - Nombrevilla - Orcajo - Retascón - Romanos - Santed - Torralba de los Frailes - Torralbilla - Used - Val de San Martín - Valdehorna - Villadoz - Villanueva de Jiloca - Villar de los Navarros - Villarreal de Huerva - Villarroya del Campo